When life feels depleted, does God care? I'm facing an onslaught of challenges; will God help? When life grows dark and stormy, does God notice? I'm facing the fear of death; will God help me? The answer in the life-giving miracles in the Gospel of John is a resounding yes.
In You Are Never Alone, Max Lucado looks at the miracles of Jesus as recorded in the Gospel of John. John chose the stories and events from Jesus' life that he believed would give his readers strength, empower them, lift them up, and speak life into their situations.
- Jesus transformed water into wine. We don't have to apologize to God for praying for something insignificant.
- Jesus healed a man who couldn't walk. We don't have to stay stuck, no matter the reason we got stuck in the first place.
- Jesus saved the disciples from the raging storm. We are not alone in our storms, even when it feels like it.
- Jesus healed the blind man. We don't have to be defined by our darkness: guilt, sin, trauma, anxiety, fear.
- Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead. There is nothing so bad we have done that Jesus doesn't have power over it to forgive.
- Jesus was resurrected. Even though his disciples didn't believe him, Jesus didn't add to their shame or punish them.
Today, take courage that you are stronger than you think because God is nearer than you know. This is the message of the miracles . . . that with God you are never alone.
- God is With You in the Ordinary
- God is With You When You're Stuck
- God is With You in the Storm
- God is With You in the Dark
- God is With You in the Valley
- God is With You When You Need Grace
Designed for use with the You Are Never Alone Video Study available on DVD or streaming video, sold separately.