Are your thoughts holding you captive? I'll never be good enough. Other people have better lives than I do. God couldn't really love me.
The visionary behind the million-strong IF: Gathering, Jennie Allen, challenges you to exercise your God-given power to shift negative thinking patterns and take back control of your thoughts and emotions.
In Get Out of Your Head, Jennie gives us tools from the book of Philippians to stop the spiral of toxic thoughts, and transform our emotions, our outlook, and even our circumstances, by taking control of our minds. We can find freedom from the downward spiral by:
- Taking every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ
- Shifting the focus of our minds from our circumstances to God
- Fighting toxic thoughts with weapons of humility, silence, and delight
- Escaping our comfort zones with weapons of connection, intentionality and gratitude
- Learning to forget what's behind so we can move ahead
- Defeating anxiety with a mind like Christ's
Tools included in the Kit:
- Study: The study guide uses projects, stories, and Bible study in the book of Philippians to engage the mind and heart.
- See: Six short but deep videos provide a starting place for meeting God and for transparent conversations.
- Ask: Conversation cards offer questions for spontaneous and authentic discussion time. You choose the questions that speak to you.
- Lead: The leader's guide prepares you to lead this study and encourages you along the way.
- Introduction: Spiraling Out (17:00)
- Make the Shift (18:00)
- Weapons We Use, Part I (17:00)
- Weapons We Use, Part II (15:00)
- A New Way to Live (17:00)
- A Mind Like Christ (18:30)
This kit contains:
- Get Out of Your Head Study Guide
- Get Out of Your Head Video Study DVD (streaming video access included)
- Get Out of Your Head Conversation Card Deck
- Get Out of Your Head Leader's Guide
Additional Get Out of Your Head Study Guides (9780310116370) can be purchased separately.