When the school talent show creates an issue between her and her friends, little Kiki learns what it means to follow your heart and be a leader. Based on a true story from the life of Grammy-nominated singer and actress Kierra Sheard-Kelly, this inspiring picture book helps kids discover how to best use their God-given gifts and what it means to be true to yourself even when it's not the popular thing to do.
The school talent show is a big deal, and Kiki is thrilled when the popular girls ask her to perform with them. But when the song her new friends choose turns out to be one Kiki's parents don't want her singing, she must decide if it's more important to be popular and please her friends or speak up and do what she knows is right for her.
Kiki Finds Her Voice helps children ages 4-8:
- Learn how to stand up to peer pressure
- Embrace their differences and love what makes them unique
- Better understand how their faith plays a part in their everyday lives
In addition, Kiki Finds Her Voice is ideal for:
- birthday, back-to-school, Christmas, and holiday gifts
- bedtime and story time reading
- encouraging faith development, and building character and self-confidence