Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Dresden Files series.
- #1: Storm Front (Dresden Files #1) (Paperback): $10.99
- #2: Fool Moon (Dresden Files #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Grave Peril (Dresden Files #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Death Masks (Dresden Files #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Blood Rites (Dresden Files #6) (Paperback): $10.99
- #7: Dead Beat (Dresden Files #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: Proven Guilty (Dresden Files #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: White Night (Dresden Files #9) (Paperback): $10.99
- #10: Small Favor (Dresden Files #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Turn Coat (Dresden Files #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Changes (Dresden Files #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: Ghost Story (Dresden Files #13) (Paperback): $10.99
- #14: Cold Days (Dresden Files #14) (Paperback): $10.99
- #15: Skin Game (Dresden Files #15) (Paperback): $9.99
- #16: Peace Talks (Dresden Files #16) (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: Battle Ground (Dresden Files #17) (Paperback): $10.99
In the fourth novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling series featuring everyone's favorite wizard for hire, Harry Dresden is suckered into the tangled—and dangerous—affairs of Faerie...
Ever since his girlfriend left town to deal with her newly acquired taste for blood, Harry Dresden has been down and out in Chicago. He can’t pay his rent. He’s alienating his friends. He can’t even recall the last time he took a shower. The only professional wizard in the phone book has become a desperate man.
And just when it seems things can’t get any worse, in saunters the Winter Queen of Faerie. She has an offer Harry can’t refuse if he wants to free himself of the supernatural hold his faerie godmother has over him—and hopefully end his run of bad luck. All he has to do is find out who murdered the Summer Queen’s right-hand man, the Summer Knight, and clear the Winter Queen’s name.
It seems simple enough, but Harry knows better than to get caught in the middle of faerie politics. Until he finds out that the fate of the entire world rests on his solving this case. No pressure or anything...
About the Author
A martial arts enthusiast whose résumé includes a long list of skills rendered obsolete at least two hundred years ago, #1 New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher turned to writing as a career because anything else probably would have driven him insane. He lives mostly inside his own head so that he can write down the conversation of his imaginary friends, but his head can generally be found in Independence, Missouri. Jim is the author of the Dresden Files, the Codex Alera novels, and the Cinder Spires series, which began with The Aeronaut’s Windlass.
Praise for the Dresden Files
“Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer starring Philip Marlowe.”—Entertainment Weekly
“Fans of Laurell K. Hamilton and Tanya Huff will love this series.”—Midwest Book Review
“Superlative.”—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“One of the most enjoyable marriages of the fantasy and mystery genres on the shelves.”—Cinescape
“Butcher...spins an excellent noirish detective yarn in a well-crafted, supernaturally-charged setting. The supporting cast is again fantastic, and Harry’s wit continues to fly in the face of a peril-fraught plot.”—Booklist (starred review)
“What’s not to like about this series?...It takes the best elements of urban fantasy, mixes it with some good old-fashioned noir mystery, tosses in a dash of romance and a lot of high-octane action, shakes, stirs, and serves.”—SF Site
“A tricky plot complete with against-the-clock pacing, firefights, explosions, and plenty of magic. Longtime series fans as well as newcomers drawn by the SciFi Channel’s TV series based on the novels should find this supernatural mystery a real winner.”—Library Journal
“What would you get if you crossed Spenser with Merlin? Probably you would come up with someone very like Harry Dresden, wizard, tough guy and star of [the Dresden Files].”—The Washington Times