Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
OVER 500,000 COPIES SOLD!
“Most people spend far more time in preparation for their vocation than they do in preparation for marriage.”
With more than 45 years of experience counseling couples, Gary has found that most marriages suffer due to a lack of preparation and a failure to learn to work together as intimate teammates.
So he put together this practical little book, packed with wisdom and tips that will help many develop the loving, supportive, and mutually beneficial marriage they envision, such as:
- What the adequate foundation for a successful marriage truly is
- What to expect about the roles and influence of extended family
- How to solve disagreements without arguing
- How to talk through issues like money, sex, chores, and more
- Why couples must learn how to apologize and forgive
Ideal for newly married couples and those considering marriage, the material lends itself to heart-felt, revealing, and critical conversations for relational success.
Read this bookand you’ll be prepared for—not surprised by—the challenges of marriage.
Bonus features include:
- Book suggestions and an interactive websites to enhance the couples’ experience
- “Talking it Over” questions and suggestions to jumpstart conversations over each chapter
- Appendix on healthy dating relationships and an accompanying learning exercise
About the Author
GARY CHAPMAN--author, speaker, counselor--has a passion for people and for helping them form lasting relationships. He is the #1 bestselling author of The 5 Love Languages series and director of Marriage and Family Life Consultants, Inc. Gary travels the world presenting seminars, and his radio programs air on more than 400 stations. For more information visit his website at www.5lovelanguages.com.