Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Breathtaking landscapes, unrivaled trekking, and the creative spirit of Reykjavík: experience it all with Moon Iceland. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, from a three-day tour of Reykjavík to a weeklong best of Iceland, plus a nine-day road trip on the famed Ring Road
- Unique experiences and can't-miss highlights: Drive past quaint towns and enormous fjords, hike through Iceland's majestic national parks, and bask in the shimmering glow of the northern lights. Stroll Reykjavík's busy streets, listen to up-and-coming bands at uniquely themed venues, and kick back with a handcrafted Icelandic beer at a local hangout
- The top outdoor activities: Search for seals, whales, and porpoises off the Icelandic coast or spot arctic wildlife like puffins and reindeer onshore. Trek across a mighty glacier, hike the rim of a remote volcano, and relax in the milky blue waters of the Blue Lagoon. Explore crystalline ice caves and mineral-rich lava tubes or catch a rainbow appearing over a thundering waterfall
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Honest advice from local author Jenna Gottlieb on where to eat, where to stay, and when to go, including insight on traveling during the winter
- Handy tools including an Icelandic phrasebook and critical background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
About the Author
Originally from New York City, Jenna Gottlieb fell in love with Iceland in 2006 on a spur of the moment getaway. During that trip, there were many firsts: her first time riding a horse, walking behind a waterfall, and being served dishes like singed sheep's head and sour ram testicles. She survived and continued to return, permanently relocating to Iceland in 2012.
While researching and writing this book, Jenna discovered new favorites and revisited old haunts. Her favorite experiences in Iceland include puffin watching, hiking in the north, and spending as much time in the West Fjords as possible.
A freelance writer specializing in travel, business, and lifestyle, Jenna has contributed to the Associated Press, CNN Travel, the Independent, New York Post, andthe Reykjavik Grapevine, among others. You can see some of her published work at jennagottlieb.com.
"Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."—Chicago Tribune
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times