Email or call for price
Out of Print
From Miami to Loggerhead Key in the Dry Tortugas, get to know this free-spirited archipelago of beaches, palm trees, and fun with Moon Florida Keys. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries including a Key West getaway and a week-long road trip along the Overseas Highway, with coverage of Miami and an adventurous excursion into the Everglades
- Strategic advice for water sports lovers, wildlife fanatics, families with kids, foodies, and more
- Unique experiences and can't-miss sights: Explore the fascinating coral reefs and shipwrecks of Key Largo or visit Hemingway's house to meet the descendants of his legendary polydactyl cats. Spot colorful birds or canoe with gators in the Everglades. Venture through mangrove and pine forests inhabited by endangered species in the National Key Deer Refuge. Catch the sunrise on a secluded beach or dance the night away at Florida's best clubs and bars
- Local Flavors: Taste authentic Cuban chicken stew, fried plantains drizzled with honey, and flaky pastelitos in Miami. Sip refreshing mojitos and nibble on award-winning key lime pie in Key West. Savor some of the best fresh seafood in the country or satisfy your adventurous side with fried alligator tail and conch fritters
- The best outdoor sports and recreation, including sailing, fishing, kayaking, biking, diving, and snorkeling along the only living barrier reef in the continental USA
- Expert insight and honest advice from Florida local Joshua Lawrence Kinser on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from historic inns and beachside B&Bs to budget motels and campgrounds
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and local culture
With Moon's expert advice and local know-how, you can experience the best of the Florida Keys.
Hitting the road? Check out Moon South Florida & the Keys Road Trip. Visiting the Caribbean? Try Moon Bahamas or Moon Jamaica.
About the Author
Joshua Lawrence Kinser is a native Floridian from Pensacola who spends the better part of each year traveling the entire length of the state's Gulf Coast. After bouncing between jobs for more than a decade, traveling around the world as a writer, a wildlife biology research technician, and a professional drummer on cruise ships, he returned to Florida to write full-time.
Joshua honed his writing skills working as a staff writer for The Pensacola News Journal and publishing articles for magazines such as SAIL and Times of the Islands. As a wildlife biology tech, he has worked in Florida, Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park, Glacier National Park in Montana, and in the forests surrounding Yosemite National Park in California. He is passionate about the outdoors and is always searching for the best freshwater springs, hiking trails, campsites, and fishing spots along the Florida Gulf Coast.
When he isn't writing guidebooks, Joshua is busy writing fiction and nonfiction. He currently splits his time between Black Mountain, North Carolina, and Gulf Breeze, Florida.