Hiking the Appalachian Trail is your dream adventure - but so far, you've done nothing but dream. What's stopping you from making it a reality?
Are you afraid of wild animals? Not sure you can handle going a week without a shower? Or do you simply doubt that you are capable of taking on this badass adventure?
Bestselling author Jen Beck Seymour thru-hiked the trail in 2017, and she understands the fears and doubts that may hinder some women from following their hearts. But Jen wants you to know that your dream is not out of reach. In this book, she gives you the answers you need to these (and more) questions:
- Is it safe for women do this alone?
- What can I do to protect myself from dangerous animals or people?
- How do I deal with my period (and other bodily functions) while camping?
- I don't have a hiking partner - what if I get lonely or injured?
- How can I keep my family from worrying or talking me out of it?
Jen also interviews 12 inspirational women who recently hiked the trail - alone or with a partner (including a mom-and-son team and a family with a baby) - who share their stories with all the honest, down-and-dirty details about the challenges they faced before, during, and after their hikes.
If you've always wanted to go hiking - from day hikes to long-distance or thru-hiking - THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU
CHICAS ON THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL will not only help you squash those doubts and fears but will also give you practical advice on how to make your dream of adventure come true.