Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Explore 80 classic and modern recipes inspired by Stephen King’s Maine, featuring dishes from the books set in Castle Rock, Derry, and other fictional towns—with a foreword from the legendary author himself.
Castle Rock Kitchen is an immersive culinary experience from the mouthwatering to the macabre, with gorgeous, moody photographs to transport Stephen King fans to kitchen tables, diners, and picnic blankets across Maine. Recipes ranging from drinks to dessert (and every course in-between) are inspired by meals and gatherings from the more than forty novels and stories set in King’s Castle Rock multiverse—a darker, more gothic version of the Maine most are familiar with.
The eighty professionally developed dishes use plenty of local, down-home ingredients such as fresh seafood, potatoes, wild blueberries, and maple syrup, plus some delicacies from away—here are just a few:
• Breakfast: Pancakes with the Toziers (It), Dog Days French Toast (Cujo)
• Dinner: One-Handed Frittata (Under the Dome), Killer Mac and Cheese (“Gramma”)
• Supper: Blue Plate Special (11/22/63), Whopper Spareribs (The Tommyknockers)
• Fish and Seafood: Crab Canapés (Pet Sematary), Moose-Lickit Fish & Chips (The Colorado Kid)
• Vegetarian: Wild Mushroom Hand Pies (Bag of Bones), Holy Frijole Enchiladas (Elevation)
• Baking and Sweets: Hermits for the Road (The Long Walk), Blueberry Cheesecake Pie (“The Body”)
• Drinks and Cocktails: Homemade Root Beer (Carrie), Deadly Moonquake (“Drunken Fireworks”)
With a foreword written by Stephen King and story excerpts that connect the recipes to the books that inspired them, Castle Rock Kitchen delivers frightfully good food and drink.
About the Author
Theresa Carle-Sanders is a trained cook and recipe writer born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia. After a brief career in corporate management, Theresa went back to culinary school, where she finished at the top of her class. She now combines a lifelong devotion to food and books to create cookbooks inspired by fiction, including Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook and Outlander Kitchen: To the New World and Back Again. After living on Pender Island, British Columbia, for eighteen years, Theresa recently moved with her husband, Howard, and their cowboy corgi, Douglas, across the country to New Brunswick.